The Slat Conveyor
Slat Conveyors are used in horizontal conditions and operate at relatively slow speeds. Slat conveyors are typically used to move items that are not generally conveyable on rollers or belts, due to irregular shapes or bottom conditions.
Slat conveyors can also be used in assembly operations by modifying the slats to accommodate assembly fixtures.
Slat conveyors are ideal for assembly line or production applications where a flat carrying surface is desired. The slats are higher than the side frames, allowing accessibility to load or unload from either or both sides.
Slat Conveyors are useful in applications such as transporting, assembling, conveying hot oil parts, or conveying parts through heat drying processes. Pallets can also be easily loaded or unloaded from either sides with a forklift.
With rugged welded construction, these slat conveyors have an abrasion/impact resistant load track for extended track life. A flat conveying surface and a grooved upper track to guide chain and slats make for easy modification for fixture attachment.
We specialize in designing and integrating custom conveyor solutions to meet your needs—and budget.
This page includes a model of a slat conveyor. There is an accompanying PDF specification sheet as well as a user manual for download.
If you have questions about slat conveyors, give us a call at (724) 969-1188 or use our online contact form.
Models of Slat Conveyors
SL6 – Slat, 6″ Pitch, Heavy Duty (Slats shipped loose for field installation)
The SL6, a 6″ Pitch Heavy Duty Slat Conveyor, is designed for heavy duty applications and long lasting service. It can be used for production, assembly line, and many other applications where a flat conveying surface is desired. This conveyor is suitable for conveying hot and oily parts. Conveyor slats can be modified for mounting assembly fixtures.
SL6 PDF Download
• SLAT WIDTH: 13″ – 49″
• LENGTH: 120″ – 1200″
• BEGINNING ELEVATION: 17″ – 48″
• ENDING ELEVATION: 17″ – 48″
• SPEED: 15 – 45 FPM
• SLATS: Standard formed steel slats, 5-3/4” x 1-1/2” 8 ga channels, attached to chain with (2) 1/4-20 button head cap screws. Optional flat head screws with counter-sunk slat mounting holes. Also an option available for 4ga and 3/8″ slats.
• DRIVE: Standard drive is End drive, right hand side. Optional drives include End drive left hand side, Side drive right or left hand side, Floor drive right or left hand side.
• MOTOR: 3/4 HP through 5 HP. Energy efficient and inverter duty motors also available. Voltages include 120/1/60, 230/3/60, 460/3/60, 575/3/60 & DC voltage.
• CONVEYOR CHAIN SPROCKET: 6 tooth, 12” pitch diameter.
• CONVEYOR CHAIN: 6” pitch bushed steel roller chain with 2” diameter high capacity rollers with A2 attachment links every pitch.
• SUPPORT CENTERS: Standard supports are floor supports on 5’ centers.
• FRAME FINISH: Standard finish is OSHA safety blue powder. Optional colors include green, beige, gray, orange, black and yellow.
We look forward to working with you to meet your belt roller conveyor needs.
–Jim & Ben Heinrich